P&A Food Management Services is committed to the continual improvement of its performance in environmental protection and resource conservation.
It is our policy not only to comply with environmental standards, regulations and laws, but where possible to anticipate them. We dedicate resources and skills to advise and educate our management and staff on the achievement of these standards.
We continually assess the environmental impact and environmental effects of our activities and fulfil legal obligations to ensure the use of our products and processes has minimal impact on the environment.
We monitor the effectiveness of this policy on a regular basis and revise our environmental objectives as often as may be appropriate.
We have instituted measures which ensure minimisation of environmental pollution.
Examples of these are:
- Can recycling programmes
- Use of suppliers plastic who do not use CFCs as blowing agents in their manufacturing process
- Prohibitation of CFC gas propelled aerosols
- Cooking oil disposal
- Programme of replacing old fridges/freezers so that CFC gases can be safely removed and recycled
- Use recycled paper where possible
We will work with our customers, staff and suppliers to make sustainable choices and reduce our impact on the environment.
- Reducing energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions
- Reducing, reusing and recycling waste
- Using environmentally friendly and ethical products
- Reduction in food miles and carbon footprint